Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Well here we are less than a week to go.  The emails have been flying between some of us.  I have our tickets ordered for Billy Elliott for the London leg of our trip.  Today I will be ironing all the clothes that have been in the suitcase for over a month!  I think I am the only one packed, sounds like Sharon packed the night before she left!  Sharon will be warming the beach chairs for us and kindly picking us all up at the airport because of course no flight is coming in at the same time!  I hear dinner will be at 8:00 pm that first night.  I leave at 3:30 to fly to Charlotte, NC then catch the Gatwick flight at 8:00 pm arriving at 7:15 am.  Margaret will already be there waiting for me at the British Airways counter and then we jump on the plane for Faro at 10:00 am arriving at 1:00 pm, Portugal time.  I think that works out to be over 24 hours of airport and flytime for me and Margaret!  It will be well worth it. 

Now if I could get the rest of the group to blog here, that would be great.  You need to sign in first and it will bring you to a page that will let you post or comment.  Don't be shy!

1 comment:

  1. I am almost packed. I will now be removing clothes (as I always pack tooooo much!) The cash is in my wallet (Canadian, American, British, & of course Euros) along with the most important thing - the credit card. I leave Ottawa at 3:00 on Friday to Washington, then off to Heathrow, bus to Gatwick & then to Faro. It will take about 26 hours but I have a lot to read & of course I will catch up on my sleep. I am having a hard time believing it truly is happening.

    ReplyDelete